Barcelona is a city with one of the oldest history in Europe, a city full of charm.
The variety of artistic treasures, the Romanesque churches and the great names of modern art and architecture such as Dalí, Gaudí, Miró and Picasso, make it a unique city. Located between the sea and the mountain, it has found a formidable balance; with one foot in tradition and the other in the avant-garde, Barcelona has the reputation of being the most cosmopolitan, avant-garde and modern city in Spain.
The Corearte Festival is held every October in the city and its surroundings. It is non-competitive and combines the training of participants in workshops, with concerts and tours of the city. During the last 10 years, choirs from Norway, Brazil, Puerto Rico, France, Mexico, Paraguay, Greece, Argentina, Chile, Denmark, USA, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Russia, Iceland, Ecuador, Romania, Uruguay and Portugal have participated.
It will be held in the province and city of Barcelona between October 7 and 13.
Spanish and English
Choirs of children, youth or adults, religious, community, Institutes or Universities, professional choirs, amateurs, chamber choirs or vocal groups.
Individual singers can also participate in special conditions (ask the organization). This event is NOT COMPETITIVE.
The choir that wants to participate must send before the May 15th the participation form of the Festival, as well as a recent recording of a performance or rehearsal of the group, a photo of the group in good resolution, a photo of the director and a brief curriculum of the choir and its director.
The Organization, Corearte, provides an electronic piano or keyboard, according on the location. We also have available to the choirs tumbadoras, cajón drum and percussion set. If the choir needs other instruments they must be provided by themselves. Some locations do not allow the amplification of instruments,ask the Organization.
The repertoire for the different festival performances must be submitted by 10 August 2019.
The choral singing workshops are one of the focal activities for Corearte. These give participants the opportunity to work with internationally renowned teachers and share their rehearsal with the other participants.
Workshops are held in 4 sessions and total 12 hours of training.
A dress rehearsal will take place before the closing concert of the Festival, in which the pieces worked on during the workshop will be performed.
The stages for concert performances are chosen for their acoustic quality and their cultural and/or architectural significance, thus providing participating choirs an opportunity to sing in landmark places of Barcelona, including: the Montserrat Abbey, the Crypt of the Sagrada Familia, the Valldonzella Monastery and the Park Güell among others.
Festival activities will begin on Monday, October 7 at 2:00 pm, so groups are requested to arrive before that time.
This program is provisional and is subject to change.
- Monday 10/7: Welcome workshops and inaugural concert
- Tuesday 10/8: Training workshops, visit to Barcelona and concert
- Wednesday 10/9: Visit and presentation at the Montserrat Abbey, workshops
- Thursday 10/10: Visit to Barcelona and concert
- Friday 10/11: Training workshops, concert in Barcelona
- Saturday 10/12: Training workshops, closing concert and closing event festival.
- Sunday 10/13: Breakfast and farewell from Corearte Barcelona 2019
Each member of the participating delegations, including choir directors, must pay the following amount for registration:
490€ (four hundred ninety euros) – Quadruple Occupancy Room
570€ (five hundred seventy euros) – Double Occupancy Room
680€ (six hundred eighty euros) – Single Occupancy Room
The registration fee must be paid in three installments. These must be paid according to the following deadlines:
These amounts are per person and in euros.
Along with the last payment (at the time of arrival) all extra expenses requested by the members of the choir must be paid, such as extra days, transportation, transfers, etc.
Discount for prompt payment: Choirs who confirm their participation with the payment of the first installment of the registration before 15 February 2019, will benefit from a 8% discount (only on registration). More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration fee will be waived for musical directors of participating choirs composed of more than 25 singers. This waiver will be considered for one director per choir and applies only to the registration fee €490). If the director chooses to stay in a double or single room they must pay the difference.
This gratuity is conditioned to the fulfillment of the payment and information submission schedule.
Changes and Cancellations
Payment of the registration fee for participants after July 15, 2019 is non-refundable in case of cancellation of participation. The vacant may be used by another choir member or companion. If it is a final cancellation, it will have a penalty of 150 euros.
- Accommodation in 3 and 4 star hotels in triple and/or quadruple occupancy rooms in Santa Susanna (Barcelona).
- Half board (breakfast and lunch or dinner depending on the scheduled activities).
- 12-hour training in choral workshops .
- Concerts in spaces with acoustic quality for choral music
- Spaces for choir rehearsal, (according to availability).
- Information packet of participation with festival material, workshops and tourism.
- Certificates of participation in the Festival and workshops.
For those who would like to take advantage of our Corearte Festival for more days, we have prepared a couple of options to extend your experience in Spain before and after the Festival.
Those who arrive before in Barcelona will be able to stay at the hotel headquarters and from there visit Girona and Tarragona, October 5th and 6th. Two cities with a lot of history… you will not forget it.
And for those who want to visit Madrid, Zaragoza, Ávila, and Segovia, we offer you 5 days and 4 nights from October 13th to 17th, with a farewell concert in Madrid.
A complete Corearte experience.
- Plane tickets or ground transportation.
- Transport during the Festival (we ask you to agree on conditions with the organization).
- Entrances to museums, visits and other cultural or recreational activities.
- Insurance: The competition organization has obligatory liability insurance for the event but accepts no responsibility in the case of any accidents and/or illnesses that may occur to participants or companions during its duration, which is why it is mandatory that each participant travel with their individual insurance.
You can register to any of our Coral Festivals through this form. You can also register by sending us the information to our email email@example.com. We will contact you as soon as possible to specify the details of your participation.