Barcelona is a city with one of the oldest history in Europe, a city full of charm. The variety of artistic treasures, the Romanesque churches and the great names of modern art and architecture such as Dalí, Gaudí, Miró and Picasso, make it a unique city. Located between the sea and the mountain, it has found a formidable balance; with one foot in tradition and the other in the avant-garde, Barcelona has the reputation of being the most cosmopolitan, avant-garde and modern city in Spain.
It will be held in the province and city of Barcelona from 25 to 31 October.
Spanish and English
All choir groups in their different categories are invited: Children choirs, youth choirs o adults, religious, community choirs, Institutes or Universities, professional choirs, amateurs, chamber choirs, ensembles or vocal groups.
Individual singers can also participate under special conditions (please ask the organization).
This event is NON COMPETITIVE
Choirs wishing to participate in this edition of “Corearte Barcelona 2021” must send the registration form (available on our website), brief resume of the choir and its conductor, recent recording of two numbers of the choir’s repertoire (from a performance or rehearsal) and a recent photo of the group and its conductor.
The choral singing workshops are one of the focal activities for Corearte. These give participants the opportunity to work with internationally renowned teachers and share rehearsals with other participants.
Workshops are held in 4 sessions in the morning. A final rehearsal will take place before the closing concert of the Festival, where the music taught in the workshops will be performed.
Festival activities will begin on Monday, October 25 at 3:00 PM, so groups are encouraged to arrive before that time.
This program is provisional and subject to change.
- Monday 25/10: Welcome workshops and inaugural concert
- Tuesday 26/10: Training workshops, visit to Barcelona and concert
- Wednesday 27/10: Visit and presentation at the Montserrat Abbey, workshops
- Thursday 28/10: Visit to Barcelona and concert
- Friday 29/10: Training workshops, concert in Barcelona
- Saturday 30/10: Training workshops, closing concert and closing event festival.
- Sunday 31/10: Breakfast and farewell from Corearte Barcelona 2021
The stages for concert performances are chosen for their acoustic quality and their cultural and/or architectural significance, thus providing participating choirs an opportunity to sing in landmark places of Barcelona, including: the Montserrat Abbey, the Crypt of the Sagrada Familia, the Valldonzella Monastery and the Park Güell among others.
Repertoire and instruments
The Organization, Corearte, provides an electronic piano or keyboard, depending on the location. We also have tumbadoras, cajón drum and percussion set available. If the choir needs other instruments they must provide them themselves. Some locations do not allow the amplification of instruments, ask the Organization.
The repertoire for the different festival performances must be submitted by 10 September 2021.
Prices and deadlines
Each member of the participating delegations, including choir directors, must pay the following amount for registration:
Quadruple Occupancy Room 500 €
(five hundred euros)
Double Occupancy Room 590 €
(five hundred ninety euros)
Single Occupancy Room 680 €
(six hundred eighty euros)
These amounts are per person and in euros.
The registration fee must be paid in three installments. These must be paid according to the following deadlines:
First Installment 175 €
before 1st April, 2021 (one hundred and seventy-five euros)
Second instalment 175 €
before 1st July, 2021 (one hundred and seventy-five euros)
Third Installment Balance
October 25th, 2021 at check-in
- 150 (one hundred and fifty euros in quadruple room)
- 240 (two hundred and forty euros in double room)
- 330 (three hundred and thirty euros in single room)
Along with the last payment (at the time of arrival) all extra expenses requested by the members of the choir must be paid, such as extra days, transportation, transfers, etc.
The registration fee will be waived for musical directors of participating choirs composed of more than 30 singers. This waiver will be considered for one director per choir and applies only to the registration fee (€500). If the director chooses to stay in a double or single room they must pay the difference.
This gratuity is conditioned to the fulfillment of the payment and information submission schedule.
What is included
- Accommodation in 3 and 4 star hotels in Santa Susanna (Barcelona).
- Half board, beverages not included (breakfast and lunch or dinner depending on the scheduled activities
- 12-hour training in choral workshops .
- Concerts in spaces with acoustic quality for choral music
- Spaces for choir rehearsal, (according to availability).
- Information packet of participation with festival material, workshops and tourism.
- Certificates of participation in the Festival and workshops.
- Staff that will accompany the choir during the festival
What is not included
- Airline tickets or ground transportation
- Transportation during the Festival (please coordinate with the organization)
- Entrance fees for museums, visits and other cultural or recreational activities
- Insurance: The festival organization has mandatory liability insurance for the event but accepts no liability in the case of any accidents and/or illnesses that may occur to participants during the event. Therefore it is mandatory that each participant travel with their individual travel insurance
Changes and Cancellations
Payment of the registration fees for participants after September 15, 2021 is non-refundable in case of cancellation of participation. The vacant position may be used by another choir member or companion. In the case of a definitive cancellation, there will be a penalty of 175 euros.
Closing Concert Corearte Barcelona 2017
Misa Criolla, directed by Francisco Simaldoni (Uruguay)
Before Corearte Barcelona
For those who would like to enjoy our Corearte Festival for additional days, we have a couple of options to extend your stay in Spain before and after the Festival.
Those who arrive before to Barcelona will able to stay at our host hotel and from there visit Girona and Tarragona, October 23th and 24th.
A complete Corearte experience!
Closing Concert Corearte Barcelona 2016
Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, directed by Josep Prats (Spain)
What is the most positive thing about traveling with Corearte International Festival?
Have the opportunity to train through choral singing workshops and the concert venues.
The choir is already thinking of returning for the Iberian Spring tour in Spain-Portugal in 2022