Meet Cordoba and its Coral Tradition. Enjoy the hospitality of its people and the Corearte experience we offer you.
Workshops, concerts and the Cordoba spring await us to enjoy music and new friends.
It will be held in the province and city of Cordoba (Argentina) from 14th to 19th of September, 2021.
Spanish and English
All choir groups in their different categories are invited: Children choirs, youth choirs o adults, religious, community choirs, Institutes or Universities, professional choirs, amateurs, chamber choirs, ensembles or vocal groups.
Individual singers can also participate under special conditions (please ask the organization).
This event is NON COMPETITIVE
Choirs wishing to participate in this edition of “Corearte Cordoba 2021” must send the registration form (available on our website), brief resume of the choir and its conductor, recent recording of two numbers of the choir’s repertoire (from a performance or rehearsal) and a recent photo of the group and its conductor.
The choral singing workshops are one of the focal activities for Corearte. These give participants the opportunity to work with internationally renowned teachers and share rehearsals with other participants.
Workshops are held in 4 sessions in the morning. A final rehearsal will take place before the closing concert of the Festival, where the music taught in the workshops will be performed.
Festival activities will begin on Tuesday, September 14th at 3:00 PM, so groups are encouraged to arrive before that time.
This program is provisional and subject to change.
- Tuesday 14/09: welcome workshops and inaugural concert
- Wednesday 15/09: training workshops, concert
- Thursday 16/09: visits and concert
- Friday 17/09: Training workshops and concert
- Saturday 18/09: Training workshops, closing concert and closing event festival.
- Sunday 31/10: Breakfast and farewell from Corearte Cordoba 2021
The stages for concert performances are chosen for their acoustic quality and their cultural and/or architectural significance, thus providing participating choirs an opportunity to sing in landmark places of Cordoba , including the Theater of Libertador Gral. San Martín or the Compañía de Jesús or in the neighboring city of Alta Gracia, among others.
Repertoire and instruments
The Organization, Corearte, provides an electronic piano or keyboard, depending on the location.
If the choir needs other instruments they must provide them themselves. Some locations do not allow the amplification of instruments, ask the Organization.
Prices and deadlines
Each member of the participating delegations, including choir directors, must pay the following amount for registration:
Quadruple Occupancy Room 450 U$S
Participation in the festival with accommodation in a three star hotel (four hundred and fifty US dollars)
Double Occupancy Room 525 U$S
Participation in the festival with accommodation in a three star hotel (five hundred and twenty-five US dollars)
These amounts are per person and in American Dollars.
The registration fee must be paid in three installments. These must be paid according to the following deadlines:
First Installment 150 U$S
before 1st April, 2021 (one hundred and fifty US dollars)
Second instalment 150 U$S
before 1st July, 2021 (one hundred and fifty US dollars)
Third Installment Balance
September 15th, 2021 at check-in
- 150 (one hundred and fifty US dollars in quadruple room)
- 225 (two hundred and twenty-five US dollars in double room)
Along with the last payment (at the time of arrival) all extra expenses requested by the members of the choir must be paid, such as extra days, transportation, transfers, etc.
The registration fee will be waived for musical directors of participating choirs composed of more than 30 singers. This waiver will be considered for one director per choir and applies only to the registration fee (450 U$S). If the director chooses to stay in a double or single room they must pay the difference.
This gratuity is conditioned to the fulfillment of the payment and information submission schedule.
What is included
- Accommodation in 3 star hotels in Cordoba (Argentina).
- Half board, beverages not included (breakfast and lunch or dinner depending on the scheduled activities
- 12-hour training in choral workshops .
- Concerts in spaces with acoustic quality for choral music
- Spaces for choir rehearsal, (according to availability).
- Information packet of participation with festival material, workshops and tourism.
- Certificates of participation in the Festival and workshops.
- Staff that will accompany the choir during the festival
What is not included
- Airline tickets or ground transportation
- Transportation during the Festival (please coordinate with the organization)
- Entrance fees for museums, visits and other cultural or recreational activities
- Insurance: The festival organization has mandatory liability insurance for the event but accepts no liability in the case of any accidents and/or illnesses that may occur to participants during the event. Therefore it is mandatory that each participant travel with their individual travel insurance
Changes and Cancellations
Payment of the registration fees for participants after 1st July, 2021 is non-refundable in case of cancellation of participation. The vacant position may be used by another choir member or companion. In the case of a definitive cancellation, there will be a penalty of 150 U$S.
Opening Concert Corearte Córdoba 2019
INCANTARE Women’s Choir, Cordoba – Argentina.
Conducted by Natalia Vadillo · Stars (Ēriks Ešenvalds)
Closing Concert Corearte Barcelona 2016
Cordoba Municipal Choir, Cordoba – Argentina
Directed by Esteban Conde Ferreyra
Misa Sanctus-Benedictus (Josep Vila i Casañas)
What is the most positive thing about traveling with Corearte International Festival?
Have the opportunity to train through choral singing workshops and the concert venues.
The choir is already thinking of returning for the Iberian Spring tour in Spain-Portugal in 2022