As always, our goal is to share an unforgettable experience with choirs from all regions, learning, singing, meeting people, exploring beautiful landscapes.
Located in a beautiful valley, surrounded by Green mountains, Medellin will host Corearte to share days of music and exchange. The “City of Eternal Spring” offers a rich cultural life, and the Festival will also offer the choirs the chance to sing in places with architectonic value and enormous cultural interest.
It will be held in the city of Medellin, Colombia between the 17 and 22 of November 2020.
Spanish and English
All the choral groups are invited in their different categories: adults, religious, community, Institutes or Universities, professional choirs, amateurs, chamber choirs or vocal groups.
Individual singers can also participate in special conditions (ask the organization). This event is NOT COMPETITIVE.
The choir that wants to participate must send before the 15th June 2020 the participation form of the Festival, as well as a recent recording of a performance or rehearsal of the group, a photo of the group in good resolution, a photo of the director and a brief curriculum of the choir and its director.
Corearte provides a piano or an electronic keyboard, depending on the location. If the choir needs other instruments they must provide them. Some locations do not allow the amplification of instruments. Consult with the organization.
The choral singing workshops are one of the focal activities for Corearte. These give participants the opportunity to work with internationally renowned teachers and share their rehearsal with the other participants.
Workshops are held in 3 sessions and total 12 hours of training.
A dress rehearsal will take place before the closing concert of the Festival, in which the pieces worked on during the workshop will be performed.
The stages for concert performances are chosen for their acoustic quality and their cultural and/or architectural significance, thus providing participating choirs an opportunity to sing in landmark venues of Medellín, and the facilities of the EAFIT University.
The repertoire for the different festival performances must be sent in before 10 September 2020.
The organization will send each choir the concert times and locations in advance.
Festival activities will begin on Tuesday,17 November at 3:00 pm, so groups are requested to arrive before that time.
The Festival’s programming will be adjusted as choir registrations are confirmed. This program is tentative and subject to change.
- Tuesday 17/11: Welcome workshops and inaugural concert
- Wednesday 18/11: Training workshops, visits and concerts
- Thursday 19/11: Visits and concerts
- Friday 20/11: Training workshops, visits and concerts
- Saturday 21/11: Training workshops, closing concert, closing meeting
- Sunday 22/11: Breakfast and closing of Corearte Medellín 2020
The registration for the Festival is available in three accommodation options outlined below:
Members of delegations requesting to be accommodated in double rooms (in a 3-star hotel) must pay a supplement of 50 U$S per person for the total stay (100 U$S for the room).
Members of delegations requesting to be accommodated in double rooms (superior hotel) must pay a supplement of 70 U$S per person for the total stay (140 U$S for the room).
These amounts are per person and in US dollars.
Dates and deadlines
Registration must be paid in three installments
15 July – 30%
Option 1 – $105 USD
Option 2 – $135 USD
Option 3 – $160 USD
15 September – 30%
Option 1 – $105 USD
Option 2 – $135 USD
Option 3 – $160 USD
17 November – 40%
Option 1 – $140 USD
Option 2 – $180 USD
Option 3 – $210 USD
Along with the last payment (at the time of arrival) all extra expenses requested by the members of the choir must be paid, such as double rooms, extra days, transportation, transfers, etc.
There are special discounts for early payments. Consult the organization email@example.com
The registration fee will be waived for musical directors of participating choirs composed of more than 25 singers. This waiver will be considered for one director per chorus and applies only to the registration fee (350 US$, 450 US$ or 530 US$). If the director chooses to stay in a double or single room they must pay the difference.
Failure to comply with the deadlines for payment and submission of information will result in the irrevocable loss of this waiver.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
Payment of participants’ registration fees after September 15, 2020 is non-refundable in the case of cancellation of participation. The vacant position may be used by another member of the choir or an accompanist.
In the event of a final cancellation, there will be a penalty of 150 US dollars.
- Accommodation in different categories of hotels and hostels according to the chosen modality.
- Half Board accommodation
- 12-hour choral workshops
- Concerts in spaces with acoustic quality for choral music
- Spaces for choir rehearsal (subject to availability)
- Information packet of participation with festival material, workshops and tourism.
- Certificates of participation in the Festival and workshops.
- Welcome and Closing Cocktail
- Plane tickets or ground transportation.
- Transport during the Festival (we ask you to consult terms with the organization).
- Entrances to museums, visits and other cultural or recreational activities.
- Insurance: The competition organization has obligatory liability insurance for the event but accepts no responsibility in the case of any accidents and/or illnesses that may occur to participants or companions during its duration, which is why it is mandatory that each participant travel with their individual insurance.
You can register to any of our Coral Festivals through this form. You can also register by sending us the information to our email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you as soon as possible to specify the details of your participation.