As always, our goal is to share an unforgettable experience with choirs from all regions, learning, singing, meeting people, exploring beautiful landscapes.
Located in a beautiful valley, surrounded by Green mountains, Medellin will host Corearte to share days of music and exchange. The “City of Eternal Spring” offers a rich cultural life, and the Festival will also offer the choirs the chance to sing in places with architectonic value and enormous cultural interest.
It will be held in the province of Antioquia and city of Medellin from 16 to 21 November.
Spanish, English and Portuguese
All choir groups in their different categories are invited: Children choirs, youth choirs o adults, religious, community choirs, Institutes or Universities, professional choirs, amateurs, chamber choirs, ensembles or vocal groups.
Individual singers can also participate under special conditions (please ask the organization).
This event is NON COMPETITIVE
Choirs wishing to participate in this edition of “Corearte Medellin 2021” must send the registration form (available on our website), brief resume of the choir and its conductor, recent recording of two numbers of the choir’s repertoire (from a performance or rehearsal) and a recent photo of the group and its conductor.
The choral singing workshops are one of the focal activities for Corearte. These give participants the opportunity to work with internationally renowned teachers and share rehearsals with other participants.
Workshops are held in 3 sessions in the morning. A final rehearsal will take place before the closing concert of the Festival, where the music taught in the workshops will be performed.
Festival activities will begin on Tuesday, November 16 at 3:00 PM, so groups are encouraged to arrive before that time.
This program is provisional and subject to change.
- Tuesday 16/11: Welcome workshops and inaugural concert
- Wednesday 17/11: Training workshops, visit and presentation at “El Peñol”
- Thursday 18/11: Training workshops, concert in Medellin
- Friday 19/11: Training workshops, concert in Medellin
- Saturday 20/11: Training workshops, closing concert and closing event festival
- Sunday 21/11: Breakfast and farewell from Corearte Medellin 2021
The stages for concert performances are chosen for their acoustic quality and their cultural and/or architectural significance, thus providing participating choirs an opportunity to sing in landmark places of Medellin and province of Antioquia.
Repertoire and instruments
The Organization, Corearte, provides an electronic piano or keyboard, depending on the location. We also have tumbadoras, cajón drum and percussion set available. If the choir needs other instruments they must provide them themselves. Some locations do not allow the amplification of instruments, ask the Organization.
Prices and deadlines
Each member of the participating delegations, including choir directors, must pay the following amount for registration:
- Hostel (Multiple Rooms) 380 U$S
(three hundred and eighty american dollars)
- Hotel *** (three-star) 480 U$S
quadruple bedrooms with private bathroom (four hundred and eighty american dollars)
- Hotel *** (three-star) 530 U$S
double bedrooms with private bathroom (five hundred and thirty american dollars)
These amounts are per person and in american dollars.
The registration fee must be paid in three installments. These must be paid according to the following deadlines:
First Installment 100 U$S
before 15th July, 2021 (one hundred american dollars)
Second instalment 150 U$S
before 15th September, 2021 (one hundred and fifty american dollars)
Third Installment Balance
November 16th, 2021 at check-in
- 130 U$S (one hundred and thirty american dollars in Hostel · multiple rooms)
- 230 U$S (two hundred and thirty american dollars in quadruple rooms)
- 280 U$S (two hundred and eighty american dollars · double rooms)
Along with the last payment (at the time of arrival) all extra expenses requested by the members of the choir must be paid, such as extra days, transportation, transfers, etc.
The registration fee will be waived for musical directors of participating choirs composed of more than 30 singers. This waiver will be considered for one director per choir and applies only to the registration fee (380 U$S or 480 U$S) according to the modality chosen by the choir. If the director chooses to stay in a double or single room they must pay the difference.
This gratuity is conditioned to the fulfillment of the payment and information submission schedule.
What is included
- Accommodation in Hostel or 3 star Hotel according to the modality chosen by the choir
- Half board, beverages not included (breakfast and lunch or dinner depending on the scheduled activities
- 12-hour training in choral workshops
- Concerts in spaces with acoustic quality for choral music
- Spaces for choir rehearsal, (according to availability)
- Information packet of participation with festival material, workshops and tourism
- Certificates of participation in the Festival and workshops
- Staff that will accompany the choir during the festival
What is not included
- Airline tickets or ground transportation
- Transportation during the Festival (please coordinate with the organization)
- Entrance fees for museums, visits and other cultural or recreational activities
- Insurance: The festival organization has mandatory liability insurance for the event but accepts no liability in the case of any accidents and/or illnesses that may occur to participants during the event. Therefore it is mandatory that each participant travel with their individual travel insurance
Changes and Cancellations
Payment of the registration fees for participants after September 15, 2021 is non-refundable in case of cancellation of participation. The vacant position may be used by another choir member or companion. In the case of a definitive cancellation, there will be a penalty of 100 U$S (american dollars).
Chamber Chorale of the University of Puerto Rico, Campus of Carolina
directed by Carlos Rivera Aponte (Puerto Rico)
Download the information here
Closing Concert Corearte Barcelona 2016
Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, directed by Josep Prats (Spain)
What is the most positive thing about traveling with Corearte International Festival?
Have the opportunity to train through choral singing workshops and the concert venues.
The choir is already thinking of returning for the Iberian Spring tour in Spain-Portugal in 2022