From 1st to 6th of July 2019 in Barcelona – Spain
Come and share with us the Choral Music Summer Camp with your group or individually, you will have a great time!
You will meet new friends from other countries, have a lot of fun, and above all, music!
Enjoy choral singing workshops and a wide variety of outdoor activities. You cannot miss it! Places are limited and are awarded in order of registration.
It will be held in the city of Barcelona, Spain, between the 1st and 6th of July.
Catalan, Spanish and English
The Musical Summer Camps are aimed at children and teenagers, between 7 and 17 years with musical interest or members of a choir.
Registration can be both individual and as a choir. Places are limited and are awarded on a first come first served basis.
The choir that wants to participate must send before the 1st of April, the participation form of the Summer Camps, as well as a recent recording of a performance or rehearsal of the group, a photo of the group in good resolution, a photo of the director and a brief curriculum of the choir and its director.
The organization, Corearte, provides an electronic keyboard, congas, cajon and drum set. If the choir needs other instruments, should be provided by themselves.
The repertoire for the different performances of the Summer Camps, must be sent before 31 May 2019.
As a Choral Music Summer Camp, we give the utmost importance to musical workshops, where boys and girls can improve their vocal technique and enjoy the experience of working with great directors.
Musical workshops are held every day and are supervised by members of Corearte. At the end of the week, on Friday, 5th of July, we perform a closing concert where all parents, siblings and friends are invited to participate!
And for those who come from abroad, the concert will be broadcasted live via our website!
The venues for the realization of the concerts are chosen for their acoustic quality and their cultural and/or architectural interest, thus providing an opportunity for the participating choirs to sing in important places of Barcelona.
The activities of the Choral Summer Camp begin on Monday 1st of July at 15:00.
The schedule will be adjusted as registrations are confirmed. This program is provisional and subject to change:
- Monday 1/7: Welcome, inaugural workshops and activities
- Tuesday 2/7: Workshops, visit to Barcelona and concert
- Wednesday 3/7: Walks and afternoon at the beach
- Thursday 4/7: Workshops, visit to Barcelona and concert
- Friday 5/7: training workshops, closing concert, closing meeting.
- Saturday 6/7: Breakfast and farewell colonies
The Choral Summer Camp is made in an ideal setting amidst nature and away from the everyday environment.
Every evening we split into different groups and play activities. Each group will have their monitors assigned, as our stated rules, at least one monitor for every 10 children.
The activities we do in our colonies are as follows:
- Track and Field Games
- Make Your Own T-Shirt
- Conducting workshop for children
- Percussion workshop
- Outdoor cinema
- Football games
- Basketball games
- Pool games
- Afternoon at the beach
- Evening activities
The registration of the delegations must be paid in two installments. The various documents and payments must be made according to the schedule of deadlines indicated below:
These amounts are per participant and in euros.
Along with the last installment (At the time of arrival and in cash) all the extra costs requested by members of the choir, as double rooms, extra days, transports, transfers, etc., must be paid.
- Accommodations at Hostel Mare de Deu de Montserrat city of Barcelona in multiple rooms.
- Full board (from dinner Monday 1 to breakfast Saturday 6)
- 12 hours of Choral workshops.
- Concerts in venues of acoustic quality for choral music.
- Participation Materials of the Summer Camps, workshops and tourism.
- Certificates of participation in the Summer Camp and workshops.
- Recreational activities
- Staff and monitors. (one monitor for every 10 children)
- Airplane tickets or ground transportation
- Transportation during the summer camp.
- Entrance fees to museums, tours and other cultural or recreational paid activities.
- Insurance: The Festival has a Compulsory Insurance of Civil Liability of the event but is not responsible for accidents and/or illnesses that may occur to participants during the summer camp, so it is mandatory that each participant travels with their individual insurance.
You can register to any of our Coral Festivals through this form. You can also register by sending us the information to our email email@example.com. We will contact you as soon as possible to specify the details of your participation.