As always, our goal is to share an unforgettable experience with choirs from all regions, learning, singing, meeting people, exploring beautiful landscapes.
Manizales, located in the coffee region, on the Central Cordillera of the Andes, near the Nevado of Ruiz volcano. Also called as the “City of Open Doors” or “The Capital of Affection”, is looking forward to meeting us all.
It will be held in the departament of Caldas and city of Manizales from 22 to 27 November.
Spanish, English and Portuguese
All choir groups in their different categories are invited: Children choirs, youth choirs o adults, religious, community choirs, Institutes or Universities, professional choirs, amateurs, chamber choirs, ensembles or vocal groups.
Individual singers can also participate under special conditions (please ask the organization).
This event is NON COMPETITIVE.
Choirs wishing to participate in this edition of “Corearte Manizales 2022” must send the registration form (available on our website), brief resume of the choir and its conductor, recent recording of two numbers of the choir’s repertoire (from a performance or rehearsal) and a recent photo of the group and its conductor.
The choral singing workshops are one of the focal activities for Corearte. These give participants the opportunity to work with internationally renowned teachers and share rehearsals with other participants.
Workshops are held in 3 sessions in the morning. A final rehearsal will take place before the closing concert of the Festival, where the music taught in the workshops will be performed.
Festival activities will begin on Tuesday, November 22 at 3:00 PM, so groups are encouraged to arrive before that time.
This program is provisional and subject to change.
- Tuesday 22/11: Welcome workshops and inaugural concert
- Wednesday 23/11: Training workshops, concert
- Thursday 24/11: Training workshops, concert in Manizales
- Friday 25/11: Training workshops, concert in Medellin
- Saturday 20/11: Training workshops, closing concert and closing event festival
- Sunday 21/11: Breakfast and farewell from Corearte Manizales 2022
The stages for concert performances are chosen for their acoustic quality and their cultural and/or architectural significance, thus providing participating choirs an opportunity to sing in landmark places of Manizales and the departament of Caldas.
Repertoire and instruments
The Organization, Corearte, provides an electronic piano or keyboard, depending on the location. If the choir needs other instruments they must provide them themselves. Some locations do not allow the amplification of instruments, ask the Organization.
Prices and deadlines
Each member of the participating delegations, including choir directors, must pay the following amount for registration:
First Installment 150 U$S
before 1st Juny, 2022 (one hundred and fifty american dollars)
Second Installment 150 U$S
before 1st September, 2022 (one hundred and fifty american dollars)
Third Installment Balance
November 22th, 2022 at check-in
· Quadruple room, 180 U$S (one hundred and eighty american dollars).
· Double room, 230 U$S (two hundred thirty american dollars).
· Total price in quadruple room ....... 480 U$S (four hundred and eighty american dollars).
· Total price in double room ....... 530 U$S (five hundred and thirty american dollars)
· These amounts are per person and in American Dollars.
· Along with the last payment (at the time of arrival) all extra expenses requested by the members of the choir must be paid, such as extra days, transportation, transfers, etc.
The registration fee will be waived for musical directors of participating choirs composed of more than 30 singers. This waiver will be considered for one director per choir and applies only to the registration fee (480 U$S). If the director chooses to stay in a double or single room they must pay the difference.
This gratuity is conditioned to the fulfillment of the payment and information submission schedule.
What is included
- Accommodation in 3 star hotels in Manizales (Colombia).
- Half board, beverages not included (breakfast and lunch or dinner depending on the scheduled activities
- 12-hour training in choral workshops .
- Concerts in spaces with acoustic quality for choral music
- Spaces for choir rehearsal, (according to availability).
- Information packet of participation with festival material, workshops and tourism.
- Certificates of participation in the Festival and workshops.
- Staff that will accompany the choir during the festival
What in not included
- Airline tickets or ground transportation
- Transportation during the Festival (please coordinate with the organization)
- Entrance fees for museums, visits and other cultural or recreational activities
- Insurance: The festival organization has mandatory liability insurance for the event but accepts no liability in the case of any accidents and/or illnesses that may occur to participants during the event. Therefore it is mandatory that each participant travel with their individual travel insurance
Changes and Cancellations
Payment of the registration fees for participants after 1st September, 2022 is non-refundable in case of cancellation of participation. The vacant position may be used by another choir member or companion. In the case of a definitive cancellation, there will be a penalty of 150 U$S.
Coro de Cámara de de la Universidad de Puerto Rico recinto en Carolina
América, América · Dirige: Carlos Rivera Aponte
Concierto de clausura Corearte Barcelona 2016
Carmina Burana de Carl Orff, dirigida por el maestro Josep Prats (España)
¿Qué es lo más positivo que te aportó viajar con Corearte International Festival?
Poder formarse a través del taller coral, los lugares que visitamos dando conciertos.